Estate planning is a process wherein a person or family plans for the administration and dispositions of one’s property before their death. Choosing the right estate planning tool requires an experienced estate planning advisor. Most clients will need a revocable trust to help them avoid probate and to facilitate the administration of their finances in the event they become incapacitated. Additionally, many clients will need guidance structuring the beneficiary designations for their retirement plans. Family limited partnerships may be the right planning tool for some clients yet other clients may want to create educational savings (529) plans for their grandchildren. Whatever your needs, BTJD has the expertise necessary to help you reach your goals.
Generally our estate and tax services include:
- Establishment of trusts.
- Set-up and maintenance of family limited partnerships and limited liability companies.
- Income, estate, gift and generation-skipping tax planning.
- Implementation of gift programs.
- Charitable trust planning.
- Life insurance trust planning.
- Preparation of wills.
- Preparation of powers of attorney.
- Preparation of health care directives, or living wills.